Monday, October 20, 2008

Poem Response

I chose to do Swing low, sweet chariot. What I did was add an extension to the ending of this poem which is more of a reality than the poem itself. It is about her actually making it to her destination, which is why i added swing home instead of swing low. In the original is sounds like a hopeful, incomplete sense which is seen a lot with this topic. So for a twist, I added an extended ending to assure him/her maling it.





Swing home, sweet chariot
I made it here just like I said!
Swing home, sweet chariot
My soul is free, my body dead.

Swing home, sweet chariot
My children do not weep for me
Swing home, sweet chariot
For God has blessed me graciously

Swing home, sweet chariot
If you remember my commands
Swing home, sweet chariot
Then you'll walk right into my hands.

No comments: